This is my first block that I finished. I am pretty happy with how it turned out, since this was my first ever attempt at hand applique.
Here is my second block. This one has a few wonky parts - but hey, I am still learning.
The part that gave me the most trouble were the circles. I just couldn't seem to get them round. In the end I stitched them to interfacing and turned them right side out. They still aren't very round, but that is probably my fault since I don't think I took enough time when sewing the circles on my machine.
Not to mention I caught my thumb in my machine when I was finishing up the sewing, so I did all the hand stitching with a bunch of band-aids on my thumb. I got it caught between the machine and the needle screw - I have a few nice gashes and a very large blister and MAN does it hurt! I have got to learn to take my time!