Sunday, January 16, 2011

2 Birds - 1 Stone

Or, how to accomplish two challenges with one project.

Week 1s challenge we were supposed to be sewing Lil Blue Boo's Sienna Dress.  I never was able to actually get off my bum and do any sewing. 

Week 2s challenge - Sewing with fleece and using a decorative stitch.  Heather is making fleece hats for her munchkin.  My son however has hats galore - probably enough to wear a different one every day for a month.

Hmmm, now how do I combine my first two challenges into one? 
AHHH!! Make a fleece Sienna Dress!

Now for the decorative stitching.  My wonderful machine, circa 1984, is a Bernina Record 930 Electronic that I inherited from my dear grandmother Gizella Nagelvoort.   It has 26 different stitches to choose from.
I decided to use this one on the hem & sleeves.

I hope my dear little Lily Bean loves it!


Post a Comment