Better known as the project from hell.
I decided to take the easy route and just stuffed the lining, wrong side out, into the bag that was right side out. I stitched across the top edge to join the two together. The tyvek was horribly hard to maneuver and I was so frustrated with it by this point I decided I didn't really care how the bag was sewn to the lining.
For the handles I used the old seat belt straps that I had cut off one of our car seats when we converted it to a booster seat. To cover up the edge of the bag (and in an attempt to make it look a little nicer) I added a strip of belt around the top edge of the bag. What a pain! Half way through I realized I really needed to turn the bag inside out to sew the strap on because I simply could not maneuver the bag under the needle any other way! I am glad I added the strip. It helped to cover up some of my messy stitching from attaching the lining and straps.
As you can see in the picture above I tried to serge the top edge. BIG MISTAKE! I think I killed the cutting blades on the machine and I am positive I need to change the needles now! I am so sorry you poor innocent serger... I also added some strips of double fold bias to the top edge in an attempt to cover the top edge. I really should have added it before I attached the handles.