Thursday, January 20, 2011

He can sew too!

I love sewing for Ran.  He loves almost everything that I have made for him - the flannel overalls were not a very big hit last year.  When ever he goes to the fabric store with me he loves picking out fabric and deciding on what he would like me to make.

Over the past year I have slowly let him join in my sewing.  Usually it is for the more simple straight lines.  I usually guide the fabric while he does the pedal.

Well, back in October he had to do a project for his Kindergarten class that involved learning about a spooky animal and making something to share with the class.  He chose to learn about bats.  When I asked him what he wanted to make - a poster, a collage, a drawing - his quick response was that he wanted to make a stuffed animal!

So I found some felt and drew out the shapes on it for him.  He did all the cutting himself and all the sewing & stuffing himself.  We glued the fangs & eyes on.


I am so proud of my little man. 

He did such a good job and had so much fun making his new buddy Fang.

Post a Comment