Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Still no Sienna Dress from me...

My dearest Heather has let me off the hook on the first of our 52 projects.  We figured that since I have already made over 30 Sienna Dresses - at least one in every available size - that I could take a pass this week.  That is awesome, since I have been so busy prepping for a craft we have to do in Ran's kindergarten class that I haven't even started cutting out the dresses for Lily Bean.  I have a nice 4 day weekend this week, so I promise I will get it done then!

Tomorrow we are the guest reader in Ran's class.  With our nice long vacation in Florida we decided that it would be perfect to read a story about the ocean.  We chose Seashells by the Seashore by Marianne Berkes.
Seashells by the Seashore (Sharing Nature With Children Book)

Along with reading a story we have to provide a craft for the kids to do.  While sitting on the beach I came up with the idea of shell necklaces.  We spent lots of time collecting shells, which is one of my favorite things to do at the beach!  Yesterday I spent hours drilling holes in those shells and today was spent putting them on o-rings.  Resulting in a nice pile of....
To make things go a little smoother tomorrow we put a little bag together for each of the kids, containing the elastic, a shell and a bunch of pony beads (half of which glow in the dark!)


I can't wait to do the craft with the kids.  We ended up with enough supplies left over that I think I will do the same craft with my Camp Fire USA group.  Here is the end result.



Post a Comment