Monday, February 7, 2011

Completed Project: The Butterfly Potholder

I really was done with this project before the end of the week.  In fact, I finished it on Thursday.  I spent the next 4 days hoping for a nice sunny day to take the perfect picture outside in the natural light.  It just so happens this weekend was one of those gloomy Michigan winter weekends, with snow every day! 

On Saturday I took my Camp Fire group to Camp Wathana for a fun day of sledding.



 I was able to take a few pictures yesterday afternoon that turned out okay.  I never got a chance to post, because we were gearing up around the house to watch the Super Bowl.

So, without further ado here she is...


I had so much fun making this potholder.  It gave me a great chance to use some scraps from my scrap bin.  The wings and the top of the body are all pieced with various scraps. 

For the wings I started with muslin foundations with the wing shapes.  I then went to town with lots of fun fabric strips.
I used a fun variegated thread to free motion stitch the spirals on the completed wing pieces


My cousin Heather made this absolutely wonderful selvage potholder.  I really want to try to make something with my selvage edges.


On a lighter note, you have to check out the absolutely best commercial from the Super Bowl XLV last night!  We all loved it so much I think we watched it at least 5 times.  Yeah for the DVR!!!

Post a Comment