Friday, April 29, 2011

Week 15 - Something for Ran

Challenge: Make Something for Ran
Project: Angry Birds for his 6th Birthday

Last week on the 19th my beautiful baby turned 6! 

Like usual I decided I had to make him something for his present.  In years past I have made everything from stuffed footballs & basketballs to Finding Nemo inspired blankets.

A few months ago I got a new Droid cell phone and Ran quickly developed a nice little obsession with playing Angry Birds

I knew there was no way I was going pay what they are asking to BUY these cute little Angry Birds.

Then I remember a series of posts I read back in December on the blog Obsessively Stitching.
She created adorable plush Angry Birds of her own - including patterns - for her boys of Christmas.


I just knew these were going to be a hit!



They were surprisingly easy to make.  The white one was the hardest.  I also haven't done the green or black birds yet.  Ran reminds me of this EVERY DAY. 
He has even devised a game with them that he plays with daddy, where they throw them back and forth trying to knock the pig out of the others hand.


Post a Comment