Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Cuties

I think I have said this before, but I love Dolls & Daydreams softie patterns!
 

 When Sarah released her new Skeleton Softie
Skeleton Doll PDF Sewing Pattern Halloween Softie Day of The Dead Stuffed Toy 
And her new Witch Softie(Complete with broom directions!)

Witch Cloth Doll pdf Sewing Pattern Cute Halloween Softie skirt boots broomstick included


I just knew I had to make them!  I showed them to my mom who immediately asked if I could make the pair to decorate her door this Halloween season.  

Off to work I went creating some cuties for her.
 Here is what I cam up with.

The only real changes I had to make was not stuffing them very firmly so they would fit between the doors.  
I also had to add a strap the the witches broom so she could sling it over her shoulder.

By the time I finished up the pair my mom was in the hospital recovering from a double knee replacement.  Before hanging them on the door, I decided to take them to visit her.  She loved them (as did the nurses)!

Here they are taking a break in her bed while we headed off to physical therapy with my mom.

Now, as soon as Ran laid eyes on the skeleton he just insisted that I make one for him.
For his, I made the bones using an ivory wool blend felt.  I let him draw the mouth he wanted and then I embroidered it on.  He was so excited to see what he had envisioned and drawn made into reality.


Post a Comment