Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week 29 - Tiny Monkeys

Challenge - Shrinking a pattern
Project - Tiny Monkeys

Ever since I made the Dolly & Daydreams monkeys for Ran in Week 20  he has been asking for me to make baby monkeys for him.

I decided to finally humor him and set out this week to make him some baby monkeys.
It was a bit of a challenge, but I am happy with the results.

Meet baby Hunk-a-monk and Chunk-a-monk

Instead of trying to scale down the pattern I decided to print the pattern out two pages per sheet.

Once I started sewing I discovered a mistake I had made.  When cutting out the pieces I forgot to add an extra seam allowance, which meant I had to sew with a very small seam .  

The small  arms and legs were a little harder to turn and stuff, but I used forceps with made it a bit easier. I also used very light stuffing in the arms.

Here is Ran's new monkey family.
Now he is asking me to make him a grandma and grandma monkey...