Saturday, September 22, 2012

The sun is shining again

What a difference a few weeks makes!  

The past few months have been very hard for me (and I am sure my family).  But I am finally seeing the light at the end of the dark tunnel, thanks to all the support from my friends, family and yes, my doctors.  It isn't always easy to talk publicly about mental health problems.  However, I have come to realize the only way I can truly heal myself is to be open and honest about what I am suffering through.  I don't think it helps anyone involved to hide or be ashamed of what is going on inside my head.

Not only do I have adult ADHD, I also suffer from clinical depression.  There, I said it.
I have taken medication for many years.  Some days, weeks, months and years are better then others.  But thanks to new medication dosing and the help of regular visits to a wonderful psychologist, things are really starting to get better.  Much better then they have been in a really long time.  

So, thank you all for your continuing love and support!

- Mirja
Post a Comment